This is Castlewellan Primary School Publication Scheme on information available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
The governing body is responsible for maintenance of this scheme.
1. Introduction: what a publication scheme is and why it has been developed
One of the aims of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (which is referred to as a FOIA in the rest of this document) is that public authorities, including all maintained schools, should be clear and proactive about the information they will make public.
To do this we must produce a publication scheme, setting out:
- The classes of information which we publish or intend to publish;
- The manner in which the information will be published; and
- Whether the information is available free of charge or on payment.
The scheme covers information already published and information which is to be published in the future. All information in our publication scheme is available in paper form.
Some information which we hold may not be made public, for example personal information.
This publication scheme conforms to the model scheme for schools approved by the Information Commissioner.
2. Aims and Objectives
The school aims to:
- Enable every child to fulfil their learning potential, with education that meets the needs of each child,
- Help every child develop the skills, knowledge and personal qualities needed for life and work, and this publication scheme is a means of showing how we are pursing these aims.
3. Categories of information published
The publication scheme guides you to information which we currently publish (or have recently published) or which we will publish in the future. This is split into categories of information known as ‘classes’. These are contained in section 6 of this scheme.
The classes of information that we undertake to make available are organised into four broad topic areas:
- School Prospectus – information published in the school prospectus.
- Governors’ Documents – information published in the Governors Annual Report and in other governing body documents.
- Pupils & Curriculum – information about policies that relate to pupils and the school curriculum.
- School Policies and other information related to the school ¬– information about policies that relate to the school in general.
4. How to request information
If you require a paper version of any of the documents within the scheme, please contact the school by telephone, email, fax or letter. Contact details are set out below.
Tel: 028 437 78541
Fax: 028 437 71721
Contact Address: 2 Church Street, Castlewellan, Co Down, BT31 9EG
To help us process your request quickly, please clearly mark any correspondence “PUBLICATION SCHEME REQUEST” (in CAPITALS please)
If the information you’re looking for isn’t available via the scheme you can still contact school to ask if we have it.
5. Paying for information
Single copies of information covered by this publication are provided free unless stated otherwise in section6. if your request means that we have to do a lot of photocopying or printing, or pay a large postage charge, or is for a priced item such as some printed publications or videos we will let you know the cost before fulfilling your request. Where there is a charge this will be indicated by a £ sign in the description box.
6. Classes of information Currently Published
School Prospectus – this section sets out information published in the school prospectus.
The statutory contents of the school prospectus are as follows:
- The name, address and telephone number of the school, and the type of school;
- The names of the head teacher and chair of governors;
- Information on the school policy on admissions;
- A statement of the school’s ethos and values;
- The religious education provided and parents’ right to withdraw their child from religious education and collective worship;
- Information about the school’s policy on providing for pupils with special educational needs;
- Number of pupils on roll;
- National curriculum assessment results for appropriate key stages, with national summary figures;
- The arrangements for visits to the school by prospective parents.
Governors’ Annual Report and other information relating to the governing body – this section sets out information published in the Governors’ Annual Report and in other governing body documents.
Pupils & Curriculum Policies – this section gives access to information about policies that relate to pupils and the school curriculum
School Policies and other information related to the school – this section gives access to information about policies that relate to the school in general
7. Feedback and Complaints
We welcome any comments or suggestions you may have about the scheme. If you want to make any comments about this publication scheme or if you require further assistance or wish to make a complaint then initially this should be addressed to:
The Principal, Castlewellan Primary School, 2 Church Street, Castlewellan, Co Down, BT31 9EG.
If you are not satisfied with the assistance that you get or if we have not been able to resolve your complaint and you feel that a formal complaint needs to be made then this should be addressed to the Information Commissioner’s Office. This is the organisation that ensures compliance with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and that deals with formal complaints. They can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Enquiry/Information Line: 01625 545 700